As a professional speaker, I talk on numerous IT-related topics. Here is a place to get started looking at what I talk about and here is where you can download a sampling of my presentation materials. Here is a copy of my one-sheet flyer.
Sample speaking topics
- Making Sense of Big Data
- Google v. China, our first cyber war
- Six essential tools to migrate Windows XP to Windows 7
- Five collaborative communities that build on the Twitter model
- Beyond Google Calendar: New ways to schedule meetings using Web services
- Perfecting your LinkedIn profile to help your members land their next job
- New developments in endpoint security technologies
- How to save money and time using the latest collaboration technologies
- Giving Thanks to Bill Gates: A look back and forward
Here is my current schedule of upcoming engagements. I do both large and small group meetings, keynotes and workshop breakouts, on a wide variety of technology topics for both managers and IT staffers. Each speech is customized to your particular needs, technical focus and audience.
If you are interested in having me speak for your organization, I can be reached at (314) 277-7832, david (at) strom dot com.
Recent 2013 engagements:
- December: Data Warehouse Institute, Big Data Applied, St. Louis MO
- August: Webinar on next generation firewall technology for SearchSecurity.Com
- July: StampedeCon master of ceremonies at Big Data conference, St. Louis MO
- April: How to use LinkedIn to get your first job (National Computer Conference, Assn of IT Professionals)
- December: Test your #socialbiz smarts? DellWorld, Austin,TX
- November: Big Data presentation to University of Missouri MBA students
- October, St. Louis AITP chapter, Making the Case for Big Data
- August, StampedeCon, St. Louis. Examples of Big Data Uses
- July, TechNet MidAmerica, St. Louis. Why you need to encrypt your emails
- July. Webinar for Voltage Security on email encryption
- March, Austin Tx. Private meeting with Dell social media experts on the topic.
- March, briefing for Trainer Communications on common PR mistakes.
- March, for Lumension on patch management technologies.
- March 11, St Louis chapter of the National Speakers Association. Our local chapter monthly meeting I will talk about how professional speakers can benefit from using social media and Web tools to promote their businesses. Joining me is Doug Devitre, who is an accomplished speaker and nerd extraordinaire.The $20 meeting fee can be paid here.
- March 24, Pittsburgh, webinar for MSPtv. I’ll be talking about how VARs and MSPs can use cloud-based alternatives to Salesforce.com to run their businesses. You can register here for the webinar here.
- April 5, St Louis Gateway To Innovation conference. I will be talking about social media business benefits in this conference, St. Louis’ premier IT event of the year. There is a registration fee and you can find out more about the conference here.
- April 28, St. Louis Assn of IT Professionals. Social media business benefits.
- June 14, NYC, ReadWriteWeb 2Way conference. Real-time communications panel on different Web technologies.
- June 23, Pittsburgh, Webinar for MSPtv. I will be talking about how the channel can win with cloud computing.
- July 28, Pittsburgh, Webinar for MSPtv. I will discuss how VARs can leverage Facebook and LinkedIn for their businesses.
- November, Palo Alto, Society for New Communications Research, preliminary research paper on use of social media in the communications service provider industry with Jeff Eklund of HP. You can download the presentation here.
- July, Nashville AITP chapter, Windows 7 Migration Options. You can download the presentation here.
- July, St. Louis, DoD Cyberlog Conference, Google v. China, our first Cyber War. You can download the presentation here.
- April, ITexpertVoice.com Webinar, Windows 7 Migration Options and Tools
- April, St. Louis CPA Breakfast, Building your online brand
- March, Assn. of Information Technology Professionals National Student Conference, St. Louis: Going beyond Facebook: Social Collaboration Tools to Kickstart your first job
- March, Assn. of Information Technology Professionals National Student Conference, St. Louis: What every student needs to know about LinkedIn to get your first job
- March, Global Communications Summit, St. Louis University: Making sense of social networking strategies for marketing professionals
- March, ITExpertVoice.com Webinar, Understanding Windows 7 endpoint security
- February, St. Louis Innovation Camp, Managing your online presence
- January 2010: KWMU-FM radio, St. Louis on the Air, program on technology trends
- October 2009: How to Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook for extending your network, Association of Black Data Processing Professionals, St. Louis
- July 2009: Missouri Society of CPAs Young and Emerging Professionals Conference
- May 2009: Getting LinkedIn – Professional Networking Through Social Media (video recording)
- April 2009, Phila. PA: AHMA Hardlines Technology Forum
2008 engagements included:
- Nov 2008, AITP St. Louis Chapter, An update on Endpoint Security
- Oct 2008, Chronicle of Philanthropy’s online discussion about Inspiring Your Board to Raise Money
- Oct 2008, ITEC, St. Louis, Giving Thanks to Bill Gates: Looking back on 20 years of IT innovation
- September 24, Network Access Control: Lessons Learned From the Front Lines, searchsecurity.com Webinar
- September 16, BounceBack IT, St. Louis, How to find your next job using LinkedIn and Facebook
- September, SearchSecurity Webinar for Foundry and Q1Labs
- August 13, Microsoft Offices, Creve Coeur, MO, “Giving Thanks to Bill Gates”
- July 22, Rotary International, Fairview Heights, IL, “Giving Thanks to Bill Gates”
- Jun 18, Schenectady, NY: Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges annual conference keynote
- Jun 10, Las Vegas: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Tech+ keynote
- May 29, Los Angeles:Book Expo, Web 2.0 Techniques for Authors
- May 14, St. Louis Publishers Association , Blogging your way to success
- April and May, CMP/Novell, Data center virtualization
- March and April, CMP/BNDA 6 city tour: IT Asset Management
- Apr 8, St. Louis, Amdocs’ private meeting on future telecommunications trends
- Feb 11, Australia: SecurityPoint 2008 (presentation)
- Jan 24, San Francisco: Sonicwall worldwide sales conference (presentation)
- Jan 9, New York: “I’ve Been Hacked, Now What?” (NY Society of Association Executives
- Nov 3, St. Louis: Branding Your Company.com (Self Publishers Association conference)
- Oct 30, Boston: From VAR to Recurring Value (VONDex)
- Oct 25, New York City: Mobile WiMAX (Interop NYC)
- Oct 4, St. Louis: Online branding strategies (downtown Rotary Club)
- Sep 25, San Jose, Ca.: Top five disruptive technologies to watch (MSP Alliance annual conference)
- Sep 19, Chicago: The Profit Equation Behind Investing in Emerging Technologies (Ziff Davis Channel Summit)