As businesses make more use of social networks, the number of engagement, analysis and monitoring tools has exploded. Enterprises are trying to understand their return on social media investments, to find out if their Twitter and Facebook marketing campaigns are actually delivering customers. They want to track social mentions across multiple networks and be responsive to both kudos and complaints. We found nearly 100 products that fall into this emerging product category, which goes by a wide variety of names including social media monitoring, social CRM, social intelligence, enterprise listening platforms and media engagement.
Some other resources:
- A list in spreadsheet format of the nearly 100 vendors that I found in this space.
- My Twitter list of the major vendors‘ Twitter IDs.
- A Pinterest album of screenshots from my tests.
- A screencast review that I did for Tracx about their product.
- A subseequent story in ITworld about issues to keep in mind before purchasing one of these products.