I have been getting dozens of Facebook “friend” requests over the past week. It isn’t because I have suddenly become popular, much as I might wish.
These requests all have several things in common:
- All are from women, with a picture (usually safe for work)
- None of these people have anyone in common with my existing FB network of friends
- All of them have just a single post on their wall, which looks like the above picture
- All of the posts lead to a Livejournal blog site, with a different name than the name of the owner of the FB account
- All of these lead to a final destination site that tries to get you to sign up for a “free” iPhone which I won’t bother to list here.
Needless to say, this is an annoying scam. So beware of whom you befriend. I guess they are trawling for victims.