I have tried to put in handy page tabs on the top nav bar to link you to most of my current work, but there are some other notable works that don’t easily fit. Here are links to these efforts.
During 2013 I wrote a couple of networking stories for this site:
- 100Gbps and beyond: What lies ahead in the world of networking
- Merge ahead? Why it’s not time to converge your networks
Ricoh-sponsored blog called WorkIntelligent.ly
I have written a series of general interest stories for this blog that began in late 2013, including security, personal productivity, and IT management topics.
Software development tools vendor Smartbear has a rich blog full of interesting articles on this topic, and I have written a couple of pieces during 2013 here.
I have written another series of technically-minded articles for their blog that began in 2012, including security, IT management, and Internet-related topics.
The Freelance Strategist blog
This blog, which was begun in 2012, covers generally freelancing work issues and I have written several stories about my own freelancing business and strategies learned over the years from the school of hard knocks.
In 2013, I wrote these security and cloud-related stories for several CA-sponsored blogs:
- Time to join the devops movement
- New cloud survey shows it is more secure
- New Ponemon Institute study shows cloud security still a mixed bag
- Know your cloud failure points
This is a custom published site with independent editorial content with HP as its sole sponsor. I have been writing for them for several years, here are some samples of the pieces that I have done for them.
- How the Air Force is Moving Towards IPv6 (9/12)
- How to evaluate e-Signature Apps (8/12)
- Longing for the days when Wifi wasn’t popular (7/12)
- Why you need to secure your enterprise’s handheld devices (5/12)
- Collaborating in the Cloud
- Is it time to consider the cloud for anti-virus?
- Understanding Enterprise Printer Fleet Management
This is a Dell-sponsored IT information site that was begun in 2009 and now discontinued. I have written product reviews, case studies, how-to articles, and screencast review videos. Many of these articles concern how to migrate from XP to Windows 7. You can find it all with the link above.
In 2006-7, I was the editor-in-chief of a new Web site devoted to helping consumers understand how to best use broadband Internet connections, and hired a collection of writers and editors to build more than 100 different articles on the topic, including how to use VOIP, digital photography, choosing between cable and DSL connections, and more. The site was sponsored by Acceller, a company that provides back office software to telcos and cable companies to help provision broadband customers.
I write reviews for this Web site:
I write occasional white papers for clients on technical topics, including security, network applications, and Internet services.